What is Technical Assistance?
We support advocacy campaigns by mobilizing communities, advancing science and research through communications and messaging expertise, and other forms of technical assistance, including capacity building for organizations.
To receive technical assistance from Voices for Healthy Kids please submit a request through the Technical Assistance Portal.
Technical Assistance Areas
- Coalition & Community Engagement
- Data Visualization to Support Your Campaign
- Decision Maker Advocacy
- Health Equity & Inclusion
- Issue Area Expertise
- Legal Review
- Media Advocacy
- National Collaborator Engagement
- Offline & Online Grassroots Engagement
- Policy Language Development and Review
- Polling, Focus Groups & Other Message Research
- Research Technical Assistance
- Training and Capacity Building
- Science Review
- Sustainability and Fundraising
Technical Assistance Examples
- Need help writing a letter of to the editor?
- New to social media and need a plan?
- Would you like to develop key messages for decision makers?
- How to better engage your grassroots network?
- Using data that needs to be reviewed by AHA Science Review? Start early! Science review can take 10 business days to be completed (with an additional 1 to 2 weeks for revisions). A great place to start is with our Fast Facts that have already been science-approved.